Monday, January 11, 2010

More summer fun...

I forgot to mention, I felt like a queen on my birthday. I was greeted with a big hug from Kim and John's son Jackson in the morning while still in my tent. Then we went shopping, swimming and Kim even dug me a pregnancy hole for my belly so that I could lie on the sand on my front. How great that felt!! Then we had a mini golf game, which was nicely interrupted by Canadian phone calls from Mom and Dad, Tim and then Rob all within about 10 minutes!
Also, while back at the camp, Bryce dutifully painted my toes as I am starting to have difficulty reaching them! What a guy!

After leaving Whangamata, we went to Tauranga to see Pam, Andrew and Quentin. Pam and Andrew have lent us their crib/cot that was Sam's. Seeing as Sam is going to university this term, I think they decided they could do without his crib for a wee while. We feel honoured to be able to take care of it for the next few years.
(the pic below is our lunch with Pam, Andrew and Quentin, on their deck; what a great place they have!)

We went back to Rotorua for another night with Mark, Rachel and baby Holly (and another birthday cake made by Rachel!). The next day we drove off to Napier, with a stop in Taupo to play some more mini golf. I had a great game (which was a nice change from the game I lost to Bryce a few days before!) and even got the high score of the day, which resulted in my name being written up on the chalkboard. I felt like a real "afflete"!

No comments: