Monday, January 11, 2010

Holiday continues...but only for a lil more...

After the cracker of a golf game, we continued on to Napier to have a yummy BBQ with Carl and Denise. My bump seems to be craving corn on the cob, so we were sure to stop at a fruit stand on the highway to get some of this goodness and grill it up on the BBQ. Denise had also made us a combined birthday cake which was really yummy (as was Rachel's and Kim's!) and so we felt like superstars yet again. What a nice holiday visiting all these friends who made us feel at home wherever we went!

This continued as we travelled a bit further south to spend the night camping with Trish and Sinka and their kids Sam and Herny. I was keen, bit tentative about spending another night in a tent, as we had spent 3 nights already in a tent and I was feeling a growing sense of discomfort having to get up several times each night for pregnancy pees, then trying to get back into a cramped little tent.
Trish lent us the cushions from inside their caravan which made our tent a haven of comfort as you can see in the picture. What a great sleep that was!!!


The next day I felt so great I even decided to take up the offer to go fishing with Sinka and Sammy on the boat. Not a great idea. Great fun, and amazing to be on the open ocean etc.....but I can get motion sickness at the best of times and I think the big belly just made things worse. Sinka wasn't loving the idea of my vomit being good bait for the fish so he turned the boat around about 40 minutes after we left. Not before Sam caught two fish and Bryce got a 1/4 of one. When I say "a quarter" I don't mean a fish that was not whole. I mean, his fish was so small, it looked like a toy. I think he was pretty chuffed he caught something though. I will also give him the benefit of the doubt to say that had his wife not caved in to the sea sickness, he would caught a "big'un"!!



SO after the fishing excursion and some yummy ginger beer to settle the stomach, we continued on home to pick up our Lil Eddie (our cat) from the cattery and enjoyed a good nights sleep away from a tent. Unfortunately, it is away from holiday feel for Bryce too, who had his first day back at work today. He came home frustrated, saying people shouldn't have to work, and just be able to vacation permanently! Someday, maybe!

No comments: