Wednesday, February 17, 2010

33 weeks....and alls well


Just recovering from a weekend away with the beach volleyball teams. We took 8 teams away this year to the Secondary Schools Nationals, with 6 adults. The drive was over 6 hours, which does not count stopping times for lunch or for students to throw up (which we had to do once on the way home). The weather was stunning though. We were on the beach from 8:30-7 on the Saturday, in 29 degree weather so we had just ideal conditions to play in.
Out of 8 teams, we got 2 teams in the top 10 with another two in 11th and 12th places in their age groups, so overall a successful trip.
My energy levels seems to be not as high as last year during volleyball season and the start of the year. To be expected, for sure; but it is hard for me to get used to. I want to do all I normally do, and my body is telling me to take time to chill a little bit more. Even a 10 minute lie down after work seems to do the trick to have enough energy to continue going into the night!
I have finally sussed out a comfortable sleeping position with a wall of pillows between Bryce and I for my leg to lie on (which keeps my hips aligned and prevents the back pain I was having before). I woke Bryce up the other night in severe pain and groaning. He woke up quickly and said,"where's it coming from? What's happening?" He began to panic that it was the beginning of contractions. After a few seconds of crazy pain, I was able to explain that it was just a leg cramp! I think he was ready to go and back my hospital bag right then and there!

Here is my 33 week picture. Lost a kg this week but not worried. This baby was 4 pds 11 oz in the last scan 2 weeks ago, so it is gonna be a big one, I think!

No comments: