Thursday, August 21, 2008

2 week catchup...


How dare I leave the blog unchanged for two weeks? Shame on me. So I will make it up to you with funny pics.
First off, I am going home to Canada for a well deserved family visit to meet the newest Knights: Zoe and Annalise. They will be almost 2 months old before I get a cuddle so hopefully they will be well out of their "puke on their aunt" phase. (I can hope, can't I?)
Second, Two weekends ago we went up to Ruapehu again for a ski weekend with Carl, Denise and some friends of theirs. They had booked a great chalet, which was an A-frame style house with a cosy fireplace, a warm shower and bedrooms upstairs right above the fireplace so that the rooms were stinking hot at night. Nice though, considering it was snowing lightly outside.
So Bryce and Carl got a big day snowboarding in on Saturday, while the ladies stayed back at the chalet, chilled out, went for a run, and then went up and watched a snow competition on rails up on the mountain. Denise and I also partook in a little bit of "bum-sledding" on any slope we could find. Great fun.
The next day, we decided we were going to spend the next day toboganning so we bought some small slide on bum toboggans that you sit on, with the handle that goes between your legs. We had a great time and because you are up high on the mountain/volcano, there was a lot of powder. I have never sledded in powder. It was awesome, but super cold when it blew all over your face from sliding through it all.
Bryce had got a tummy bug late Saturday night and felt pretty sick after almost fainting in the chair lift lineup on Sunday, so he cut the ski day short and we headed back home pretty early. And No, no 14 year old girls caused us any trouble this time, which has nice.


No comments: