Tuesday, June 03, 2008

DIY'ers to the rescue...


This may be one of the first DIY (do it yourself) projects we have done in this house, and I am pretty darn proud of it. We have put insulation in the roof, and repaired a fence, and when we're lucky I bake cookies. But this is our first actual building project! And I am so excited when I look at it now, even though it looks like a pen for very small animals. In "actuality", it is our new compost bin. We haven't started composting anything yet....but we've heard it's not something to get impatient about. Composting is for older people who "have time". We just wanted to stop throwing out food scraps and so on. So I will keep you posted on our progress. Don't get too excited waiting though.....even though I might. : )

1 comment:

Aims said...

I just took some time to catch up your recent blogs - oh Candace you make me laugh out loud - LOL!! Your garden and projects look fantastic - you'll have somethign to teach me when I finally move in!
I am glad you clarified what the compost boxes are (and proud of you guys for doing it) because I was starting to think those were the guest homes!!! HAHA