Sunday, June 01, 2008

Who says you can't celebrate summer in the winter?


A pic of Michelle and Nathan roasting marshmallows in our fireplace on BBQ skewers. We then put them (the marshmallows, not Michelle and Nathan) on chocolate cookies and made a sandwich. Winter Smores. Soooo good with Pinot Noir.

Another neat story: We went to a Nepalese restaurant the other night, where Bryce has been to before and had raved about. I must say the food was very good and I finally got to try "mo-mo". A delicacy that Bryce and Carl have been talking about since their Everest trip years ago. Mo-mo is kind of like soft wontons, with tomato-ey sauce. So, I finish my curry-ish dinner, but don't actually eat it all since I was full from munchies before. The cool waiter (from Nepal, who owns the place, is very friendly and "chillaxed") comes back over and says to me, "You don't like it?". I say, "No, it was very good, I am just full". He sticks MY fork into MY food and picks up a piece of carrot and points it upwards, "Well, I eat it?". But surely, he didn't say that? Or did he? So I repeat, "No, it was really great". Well, he actually DID say what I thought he said, cause he then used MY fork and put MY food into HIS mouth. WHAAAA??? Never had that happen before. Needless to say, I was definitely finished after that. Funny experience though. Especially when the waiter/cook/maitre'D gives us both a high 5 after we paid him for the food.
Get me on that next flight to Kathmandu.....

No comments: