Thursday, January 19, 2012

Baby waiting...

I don't have a recent picture of my massive tummy but will try to get one before Newbee arrives. We have one week to go until the due date but there are no signs that this one will make its appearance early. And since only 5% of women actually deliver ON their due date, I expect at least 10 days from now still. Which isn't too bad as there are lots of things to get done around here while we still have 'free time'.

Bryce has been a mad man with his deck; cleaning, scrubbing, waterblasting and oiling the back and front decks to give them a much needed spruce up. This has made for some good laughs as his kiwi accent tends to tweak the word "deck" to sound a bit more personal but inappropriate. Especially when he says, "come here and marvel at my deck", or him saying that "there is way too much mold that has grown on my deck, I need to water blast it off" and so on. You can imagine the laughs.

Emily has been enjoying her life as a single child and getting all the attention from both parents, which is soon to change. She is talking more and more every day and we are having a lot of fun teaching her how to say new things. I personally love it when she says 'sup' [whats up?] to her friend in the mirror.



No comments: