Sunday, April 13, 2008

XTERRA

So, I haven't written/updated in too long, but have been working hard and training hard. Taken students to the Volleyball Nationals again, and had our best results yet. Been working at the marathon training and although I have had some bung knee issues over the past few weeks, it seemed to come right this weekend for the Xterra 1/2 marathon. The run was pretty hilly and over some gorgeous trails in Rotorua. The hardest bits were the stairs that went straight up hills. One set weren't even real stairs, just steep trails. Either way, I got through it and finished in 2:20 so only 9 minutes slower than my 1/2 marathon time in Wellington last year (which was super flat!). And no knee issues, so I am feeling great and anxious but excited for the full marathon in May. Drove around the course this weekend and discussed where hills were and what parts I might need extra motivation for and where I need to make sure I keep my head focused when my body is wanting to give up. I have to remember that other "normal" people do marathons all the time. Some guy I heard of today was doing the London Marathon today after having done 6 previous marathons in 6 different countries/continents over the past 6 days! Now that guy will need some tenderness after all that. I only have to do it once, with NO jetlag!
Need to update on the Jack Johnson concert and a great Easter weekend but will do it later. Got school holidays coming up after this week; thrilled to be having the break coming up!

No comments: