Sunday, January 13, 2008

With age comes wisdom...


Wise old 30 year old?
Well, I am now 30 and feeling pretty good about it. Seem to not be taking it too hard seeing as I have always been the youngest out of my friends and now I have just "caught up" to them, as opposed to "got older". I had a great day on the 5th, in Holland Landing. Went for my birthday run in the morning and cranked up the "big hill" near my parents place that had been my nemesis for a few days. Got to see Laurie (who is due in a month! and had a very cute belly to go along with it) and Candice and catch up with the two of them and all the things they have been doing.

At night, we had quite a few people over for dinner which my mom made her famous swarties potatoes which I think she gained a few more fans of during the night. Some toboganning and poker games later, I felt satisfied that I had a great birth "day" and spent it some great people.


Sidenote: Bryce would like to point out that he is in fact holding his own leg in this photo, even though it looks like he is getting extra friendly with Mel's fiance Michael

The next two days involved visiting with Juls and Jarrod and their kids, watching my brother Tim rip it up on the soccer field and almost score stylishly with his butt, and then shed a million tears saying goodbye to everyone before boarding a plane to Canmore, Alberta to spend a week with Robyn and Lawrence.

No comments: