Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Long weekend painting


Here is a pic of the "testing wall" (even though we had 3 different testing walls!). It was fun to try and see what colour should cover over the "salmon" that we have dealt with for so long.


We were both pretty sore after the first coat, basically from having to bend and reach in difficult places, like the fireplace, or behind the oven. I guess that is pretty normal for all painting though; this was basically my first "real" painting experience, with sanding, washing and then 2 coats. Pretty happy with the result though and worth the hard work. What next now? I was so inspired from getting the walls done finally, that the next day I did a massive clean-up of the entire kitchen, including every drawer being reorganised and vacuumed and washed out. I just realised, this may be the most boring blog entry ever. Ah well, I feel accomplished and that's gotta be shared.

Some more exciting news is that I have hired a coach to assist me in achieving my goal for May 3rd when I will cross the finish line of the Rotorua Marathon. I am very excited at the prospect of being able to have completed such a big race, and I will keep you posted on my progress. One step at a time, I guess....

No comments: