Wednesday, January 02, 2008

More Canadian Fun

We have been pretty busy during our trip and trying to get the winter perspective as much as possible. Several toboganning expeditions in the back yard; we have had 2 or 3 snowfalls since we've been here so the conditions have been good. We even caught Bryce go down the hill twice by himself one day, when no one else was outside.
Bryce and I went skiing/boarding at Blue Mountain (aka Blue "Hill") Ski Resort and had a full day of getting some practice in before we hit the Rockies next week.
The annual "girls party" was on Saturday night at Amy's and it was great to see all the ladies again. There was 13 of us all together this year, with 2 babies in tummies, ready to pop out in the next few months. Lots of changes going on, so it was neat to catch up with everyone.

On New Years, we went to Jody and Ian's wedding. We took a limo to and from the wedding, to avoid New Years traffic for cabs, etc; plus it was fun to get all dressed up and arrive in style. Jody's 7 year old son, Jackson walked her down the aisle and gave her away, which was very cute. His fantastic breakdancing later in the night was even cuter though!


Today, the first day of 2008, we woke up to a mini snowstorm and my mom thinks we got about 6 inches of snow. We definitely had enough to get out and have to shovel the driveway and bury each other in the snow. Its funny that what most Canadians would see as a chore, Bryce and I are excited to do. Mostly because we don't ever get to shovel snow. I guess if any Canadians would like the "excitement" of fixing ruts in a limestone sloped driveway after a massive rainfall, please feel free to come and visit and give her a go!

It is amazing how heavy snow can be and how weird it is to be buried underneath it.


So, great trip continues with a few more days chilling at my parents house, a surprise 30th birthday party that has stopped being a surprise (so I could look forward to it instead), and then we fly to Canmore to spend some time with Robyn and Lawrence in Alberta. More entries to come.
Hope you had a fantastic 2007. I know I did. I usually remember each year as my "age year" since I have a January birthday and I have loved being 29! People fret about turning 30, but I am hoping things just get better. If 29 allows to you to have more financial freedom than you have had before, more cardiovascular endurance than ever before and more career opportunities than before, then I can imagine 30 will involve more spending/shopping, more races (I am toying with the idea of running my first marathon this year), and a good year at my school. Sounds good to me!
Plus.....do I look like a 30 year old? Not likely.....

No comments: