Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Spiders.....

As I walk through the garage, balancing a "way too big" stack of wood to carry upstairs, I notice a GIGANTOR spider flirting with my elbow and working his way up my arm. I start to dance, high knees trying to shake him off, until the thought hits me that dropping the wood would be more effective, so that I can access the use of my arms. I forget to move my foot out of the way first though. As I am dealing with the enormous pain on my toe I don't see the spider on the floor, so I strip my long sleeve shirt off in a flash, while yelling out to no one, "It's on me, it's on me!" I stand there in my tanktop/singlet freaking out and starting to really feel the pain of my toe. I cant relax though until I see the spider. I feel like its on every inch of me. I instinctively check in my shirt and guess who smiles back at me? So within about 2 minutes I was walking with a stack of wood, to being fully topless with a full on bruised toe, after having danced and yelled all to myself. At least I got to see that spider leave my body and KNOW its got nowhere else to hide. Not good enough though; I'm sure I'll be feeling the creepy-crawly feeling on my skin all night. Yuck!
P.S.  Don't worry Mom, it wasn't a white tail.

No comments: