Wednesday, December 19, 2007

In Canada!!

So, here I sit, at my parents computer in Canada, looking through the computer screen I so often see from the "other side" when I talk to them on Skype. Still can't really believe I am here, I have missed being home so much. I DO love New Zealand, but sometimes its just nice to be at "home". I had a nice "Daddy/Daughter night" tonight, dinner and Christmas shopping with my dad. it wasn't as productive as we have been in the past, but I think we were just enjoying each others company more and not as focused on actual shopping.
There is SO much snow here. I would like to get some photos on here, but it will have to wait until I get back, seeing as our camera is weird that way. But you really should see this: so much snow that most corners are dodgy for drivers because of the snowbanks being in the way of vision, deer climbing around the backyard looking for food to graze on but not finding any because the snow is up to their stomachs, huge snowplows that are easily 1-2 highway lanes wide that were used at the airport to creat even BIGGER snowbanks. And then of course, all the boots and slush that are everywhere. The coolest are on my nephew Asher, who has funky boots that light up when he stomps. He and Abby (my niece) are just so rugged up with fleece and puffy jackets when we go outside, its very cute. And its very cold. And it gets dark at 5pm. A huge change for a girl who has been seeing sunsets at 9pm and who got sunburnt last weekend. So I freeze in this country, but also itch because I am "peeling". What an odd phenomenon.
Bryce arrives late on Friday night, so it will be great when he gets to see the winter Christmas we have been gifted this year. Lots of fun plans ahead. Will keep you posted.

No comments: